Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Favorite Chili

We love chili especially during these cold winter days/months! I adapted my mother's recipe and civilizedcavemancooking.com and added some of my own twists along the way.



1 T. coconut oil 
2 green pepper
1 yellow, orange OR red pepper
2 onions
3 t. crushed garlic 
2 lbs. grassfed ground beef
3-4 med size carrots 
2 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 T. tomato paste
1 1/2 cups broth
4 oz. of green diced chilies 
3-4 T. chili powder 
1 t. cumin
1 t. oregano 
salt and pepper 

Chop all the onions and peppers and saute with garlic and oil. Then add ground beef, cook and drain oil. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 m. - 1 hour in a dutch oven. Then turn off heat and cover for several hours. Reheat when ready to serve. 
I will be making some grain and corn free "corn bread" minus the honey and add some green chilies ... yum 






No comments:

Post a Comment