Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Monday, August 13, 2012

Whole 30 Day 7 ... Life is a day at the Park

Today started out great ... easy breakfast of uncured bacon, half an organic grapefruit and some iced organic ginge peach tea from trader joes. 


We then met up with some friends ... then it turned into lots of friends at the local park on Signal. The boys played and ran their little hearts out. We had a picnic lunch there for the kiddos. I snacked on some sunflower seeds but waited til I got home to eat. After getting the boys down for nap and being so inspired by my friend Stephanie Cowart from http://stephaniecowart.com/ (she posts some great meal ideas) !!! I decided to get out my new Coconut Pure Wraps http://www.sunfood.com/pure-wraps-the-original-4-wraps-1-98-oz-raw-alkaline-gluten-free.html and fill it with some goodies ... I found a carrot, quarter of an avocado, a cucumber Michael picked from the garden, turkey and some salsa verde from traderjoes ... it was amazing!


Dinner will be easy since we just got back fom a quick trip to Athens, GA ... I am making some pork chops from Sequatchie Cove Farm ... their meat is amazing. I will also saute some broccoli from Signal Mountain Farms (I bought in bulk and blanched some earlier in the summer) ... more than likely I will make some rice or couscous for the boys!

All in All a great day back home ... now off to clean and unpack ... oh and the dreaded laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment