Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Thursday, January 16, 2014

$5 Costco Rotisserie Chicken ... Pressure Cooker Stock

So yesterday I made a Costco run and ofcourse grabbed a chicken. They are so yummy and a really good deal! So I pulled the meat of the bones ... I started thinking to myself "why am I not making broth with this?" ... I looked up pressure cooker bone broth and there were tons of recipes ...

Here is what I did:

bones from 1 rotisserie chicken
2 large carrot (quartered)
1 larger onion (quartered)
5 clove garlic (smashed)
3 bay leaves
salt and pepper

Place in pressure cooker and cover it with water. Put lid on and cook til high pressure. Then cook for 20 minutes on high pressure and turn down to low for 40 minutes. Strain stock.


After I was finished I looked at those carrots ... so sad to throw them away ... but wait ...
I pulled them out added acouple of tablespoons of the broth back in and blended it into ... yep you guessed it baby food.  (John David is 3 months right now and not eating solids yet but when he is ready I will have some yummy carrots ready for him)


So what did $5 at Costco get me?



Shredding Chicken for 3 dinners
8 cups of Chicken Stock
1 cup of carrot baby food

Not bad if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment