Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day 10

Wonderful Saturday started out making breakfast and drinking coffee. Last night I let Matthew pick out any meal from the Eat Like a Dinosaur cookbook. He found the recipe for Kale Black Olive and Bacon Egg Pie ... I had all the ingredients except the Kale ... so we substituted spinach... and we LOVED it! The crust was alittle crumbly but who cares it was delicious ... and I mean DELICIOUS!!! I will most definitely make this again!!!

Breakfast: Spinach, Black Olive and Bacon Egg Pie



Lunch: Romaine Lettuce wraps with turkey 


My original plan for dinner was a Cobb salad ... but ya no ... when it's cold outside sometimes you just need a homey meal ... so I thought of this yummy Shepherds Pie from theclothesmakethegirl .... I did make some modifications because ya no ... I just love to tweek things ... Here is what I did alittle differently : 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground turkey, no tomato paste, doubled the herbs, tripled the carrots, 2 whole eggs ... check out the recipe it is great both ways!!!


Dinner: Shepherds Pie w/ ground beef and ground turkey 
http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/12/28/paleo-comfort-food-cottage-flower-pie/


Tonight I felt snacky .... sitting by the fire on a Saturday night after the boys are in bed ... 

Snack: Green Apple and Almond Butter 




No comments:

Post a Comment