Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 6 ... 21 day sugar detox

Today is day six and I just can't believe how I am feeling ...

How am I feeling physically? I feel amazing, no more bloating, no more headaches, my body isn't achy or sore, I have an amazing amount of energy, my hungry is way down ... I am making myself eat instead of waiting for the next meal

How am I feeling emotionally? I'm good, I ofcourse have stress in my life ... I'm a mom and right now my sweet baby John is sick ... it just is hard to juggle the medicine and breathing treatments, while entertaining a 2.5 yr old big brother ... thankful for my 2 big boys Matthew and Issac are such troopers to be so understanding when I am taking care of John David. I am not running to food right now it's just not in my thinking. (Now last night I did really want something ... so I made a Green Monkey Shake)

Would I suggest this detox? Yes ... it has brought me from feeling like a zombie to feeling alive ... in just 6 days! I know there is more time and I may lose momentum in another week but hey I am living in the moment!



Menu for Today 

Breakfast: Coffee w/ almond milk and Leftover roasted broccoli and 3 slices of bacon


Lunch (late): Leftover chili w/ carrots and black beans 

Dinner: Meatloaf w/ roasted cauliflower and sauteed mushrooms 
* Have you ever heard the phrase you eat with your eyes first? ... Serve your meal on a salad plate ... it will help you feel like you are getting more! 

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/01/11/cocoa-toasted-cauliflower/



Meatloaf Recipe

1.5 lbs of ground beef
3 eggs, beaten
3 T coconut amino 
1 onion, sauteed but not overcook
1 large carrot shredded, sauteed
3 pieces of crumble bacon
1/3 c. almond meal
(Spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, dill ... )

No comments:

Post a Comment